Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Safe Arrival at the Mexico City MTC

Nathan arrived in Mexico City and emailed around 4pm, PST on Wednesday, January 27th.  

Dear Fam,

I have arrived safely in Mexico City and am currently emailing you from the MTC. The travel went smoothly.  I met up with some sister missionaries in Phoenix. 

We are all very excited. I did not feel nervous at all navigating the airport with a pack of missionaries by my side. 

While we were waiting for a pair of missionaries that didn't show, we talked to some kind policemen by the taxi services. They didn't speak a word of English. I wish I had my Spanish copy of the BOM.  One of the sisters handed him an English copy. I was able to talk with him a little bit. I told him we were Mormons and asked if he had friends who were LDS. Then I told him we believed Joseph Smith was a prophet. 

The kind people that came to pick us up spoke very little English as well. 

Love you,
Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment