Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cajun Spanish and A Birthday Tomorrow!

Love his dimpled smile!
Editor's Note- Nathan did not send photos this week and with tomorrow being is his 19th birthday, I've peppered this post with pictures of him.  Happy Birthday, Nathan!!

Hey, Everyone!

So I just learned something interesting about Chile.  An instructor related learning the dialect Chileans speak like this: Imagine a foreign-speaking missionary learning English to serve in Louisiana. So that is just wonderful.  :)

Things are going great.  We're having to work harder and harder as of late to improve. During the first few weeks there is so much to learn that you improve like crazy.  Now, you really have to focus in order to keep your rate of learning the same. 


So the other day something really cool happened. We were in class and some guy walked in while we were having a lesson about revelation through church attendance. We just kept doing what we were doing because he seemed like he was just stopping in to review our teachers or something. About half way through our lesson he interrupted and spoke to us in broken English, and proceeded to help teach the lesson.  The teacher just kind of sat down. He finished by bearing a powerful, yet incredibly, simple, testimony.  It was crazy.  When he left the room everyone was just kind of staring blankly at the door, wondering, "Who was that guy?" Later our teacher told us he was the Area Seventy! What a cool guy, taking time out of his busy schedule to visit us.
Driving Grandpa Hale's tractor
So last week one of our zone members got a Dear John. It was really hilarious though because he printed it out and laminated it. He read it to us and it was probably some of the worst English any of us had ever heard. He left yesterday and sent us an email that she was getting married in three months. Poor guy didn't even make it seven weeks. Haha. He's a good sport about it, though.
Master Jedi Nathan

I can hardly believe it's my birthday tomorrow. 

The MTC can become kind of mundane and sometimes feels like a waste of time, so every day has become a challenge to learn as much as I can. 

My companion and I went through a bit of a rough patch.  But yesterday, after a pretty bad lesson where I'm sure neither of us had the spirit, I decided to man-up and apologize. I'm really glad I did, because the Spirit is everything here and I never want to give Heavenly Father a reason to not bless me with it. 

Baptism Day!

I want the family to know that even though I haven't been out that long, I never forget whose name I wear on my chest and I try to always maintain the highest standard of maturity. I hope that when I get home I will never forget who we ALL represent as members of His restored church. 

BTW, I love hearing about what's going on back home.

Fun at the farm!
So that's all I have to say really.  I'm looking forward to when I can tell you about my investigators because not a lot of interesting things happen here. 


Please send me photos! (electronically). I just like seeing your faces every once in a while. I can take a picture of the computer screen with my camera. Also, I thought you should know that my running shoes are pretty much destroyed somehow, but don't send me any or anything like that.  I'm going to buy some in Santiago when I get there.

I love and miss you,
Elder Hale
Thanks, Kimble Photography, for the great grad photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment