Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's a Hard Knock Life...

It's been almost a week since Nathan entered the MTC, and today is his first P-Day (short for preparation day).  Hoping that maybe next week he will send pictures ! (?)  


Thankfully, Elder Schneider (on the right in light blue) uses his camera! Here is Nathan with his district: Elder Clark (Indiana), Elder Clements (Idaho Falls), Elder Schneider (Oregon), and Elder Hale.
Dear Fam,

Well, I'm surrounded by barbed wire fences and they made me cut my hair shorter than I like, but don't worry, I'm not in prison. 

To be honest, the first week at the MTC has not been that great. We are literally busy from 6:30am to 10:30pm. It's pretty stressful.  You don't get any exercise time, you have to go to boring orientation meetings all day, all the teachers are Mexican and speak almost no English, you have to adjust to new foods, Mexico City sometimes smells worse than a public restroom, and last but not least - it's awkward getting to know the boundaries of being a missionary with your companions and district. 

However, things have quickly become more and more fun. We spend almost the entire day studying and preparing lessons in Spanish for fake investigators. We taught our first lesson in Spanish the second day.  It's hard to even get to bed on time. However, as a result of diligence and obedience to the rules and daily schedule, my Spanish has progressed rapidly. 

My companion's name is Elder Schneider. He is obedient and committed to learning Spanish like me, which has made it easy to get along with him. The members in my district are also a lot of fun. We have one kid in our district that has impersonation skills that are almost as good as Brother Noble's. 

I was called to be district leader on Wednesday, and it is a lot of work. However, I have been blessed by the Spirit in qualifying me for this responsibility. On certain occasions, I have been directed by the Spirit in what to say in district meetings and classes to edify and inspire the members our district, specifically because the constant devotion to the language leaves little time to prepare for district meetings.  

Sorry if my emails are short. The keyboards are Spanish and it makes it difficult to find certain keys because they're labeled differently than an English keyboard. I will try to include as much as possible in my emails.

I love you all,
Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment