Monday, May 2, 2016

A Room With A View

We got to go to the Santiago Temple this week!
Hola, hola, hola!

It was a great week, fam.

A view of a Blood Moon taken from our pension
This sector we are serving in is tough, but we've managed to get back (just about) to where we were in Calera de Tango. We've found lots of new people to teach, and have had a lot of references from the members. I think the members can tell we are hard workers. 

On Fast Sunday almost everyone we talked to bore testimony about missionary work! It was awesome. We also had the abuelita I talked about (in last weeks email) in the church this Sunday. She loved it! Her son is funny. He's soooooo excited his mom is having the lessons. He bore testimony about how we'd been the answer to his prayers and that we were angels in his eyes. How blessed I am to have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer the prayers of this man. We were giving a tour of the church and he said, "and this is the baptismal font where you're going to be baptized." Haha. He's a little too excited.  I think that made the abuelita uncomfortable. 

The Metropolitan Cathedral of Santiago

We also went on divisions with our district leaders this week. They are awesome missionaries. They're both from Brazil and converts in the church. The Brazilians have the funniest accents when they speak Spanish - haha. I taught my first lesson with Haitians this week on divisions with them. Elders that serve in areas with lots of Haitians often learn to speak Creole here. I attached a picture of the view from their pension. It's even better than ours. 
The amazing view from our DL's pension

BTW Mom, I left my calendar in Calera de Tango, but I think Earth Day was last week! Happy Anniversary!

Love you guys!
Elder Hale

PS - MOM
Spanish is going great!

So the transformer you gave me doesn't work here. It's too fat. But that's okay because I bought something for the camera. Also, we don't usually have time to cut our own hair here. There are places everywhere and it's cheap and quick to do it. It's like 3 luca - super cheap.
The line-up of empty energy drink cans we found when we moved in to our pension.
Photo of the map showing the dangerous area of the city - Babilonia la Grande

No comments:

Post a Comment