Monday, October 24, 2016

Bad Guy With A Monkey-Laugh And Some Shakespeare

Birds.  Yes, birds.
Dear Family,

So I wanted to say, quickly, all the bad things that happened this week!

Luis killed us.  It was rough.  He accepted the law of tithing immediately when we taught him, but when we came back, he wouldn't let us in.  He is poor, but he has a testimony of the restored gospel. There is no excuse for not keeping the commandments.

So some guy backhanded me in the street - lol. He pointed at my shoes, and when I was looking down, he hit me.  My ear rang for a little bit, but I'm fine.  His laugh actually sounded like a monkey. I don't know if that is some sort of metaphor - lol.

End of the bad news.

We found a part-member family, and they came to the baptism that Luis would have been a part of. The inactive mom wants to reactivate, and the daughter that attended the baptism really wants to be baptized. The mom's name is Angelica and the daughter is Martina.

I studied a lot about our eternal heritage this week. I want to testify that each of us is a son and daughter of God (even the guy that hit me in the face), with the divine potential to become like Him. Let's stop wasting our potential.

Here is a quote by Shakespeare that I liked from the conference talk by Elder Renlund.

What win I, if I gain the thing I seek?
A dream, a breath, a froth of fleeting joy.
Who buys a minute’s mirth to wail a week?
Or sells eternity to get a toy?

Love you,
Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment