Monday, December 26, 2016

Hasta La Vista, Peñeflor!

Happy Elder Hale on our Christmas Day Skype!!

Editor's Note:

We had our Christmas Skype call with Elder Hale yesterday!  It was wonderful!  


Here are some of the things we learned/highlights:

  • Elder Hale speaks English with an accent.  Kyra stated that she thought he sounded like he was in the movie Nacho Libre.
  • Wherever the missionaries go, people shout out to them, "Trump! Trump! Trump!" They even yell it at the Latin companionships.
  • The Chileans claim that the ozone is very thin over Santiago, but Elder Hale promised that he is wearing sunscreen.  
  • During the call, there were several times where Elder Hale struggled to figure out how to say a word in English.
  • Elder Hale ate cold cereal for breakfast yesterday.
  • In Chile, everyone opens their gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. When we Skyped, Elder Hale had yet to open his Christmas package even though it was Christmas Day and about 7pm.

The adorable Chilean nativity MM received from her sweet sister-in-law, Audra.  It's made from marbles! Especially love the singing angel in the back!

Dear Family,

So here is what's up:  I am going to train (a new missionary) in Amengual 3, which is a new sector I am going to open.

My trainee will probably be a Latino.  There are lots in the new group. That makes me glad. At least I won't have to worry about teaching him Spanish.   :)

Pedro, our investigator from last week, is progressing a lot. It's kind of funny, because when I left Carlos Valdovinos, a new missionary replaced me from Mexico. He baptized a lady Elder Goodrich and I found. Now he will be Elder Roberts' new companion - haha. He's going to baptize Pedro, the older gentleman we have been teaching.

That's about it. Please pray for me. More specifically, pray that I can stop being sick before I meet my new companion tomorrow. (I think I got sick last night).  I'm also a bit nervous about this new change.

Love y'all,
Elder Hale

PS - I promise there will be photos next week. There were some complications today.
He's wearing a Santa hat, just in case you were wondering...


No comments:

Post a Comment