|Happy Elder Hale on our Christmas Day Skype!!|
We had our Christmas Skype call with Elder Hale yesterday! It was wonderful!
Here are some of the things we learned/highlights:
- Elder Hale speaks English with an accent. Kyra stated that she thought he sounded like he was in the movie Nacho Libre.
- Wherever the missionaries go, people shout out to them, "Trump! Trump! Trump!" They even yell it at the Latin companionships.
- The Chileans claim that the ozone is very thin over Santiago, but Elder Hale promised that he is wearing sunscreen.
- During the call, there were several times where Elder Hale struggled to figure out how to say a word in English.
- Elder Hale ate cold cereal for breakfast yesterday.
- In Chile, everyone opens their gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. When we Skyped, Elder Hale had yet to open his Christmas package even though it was Christmas Day and about 7pm.
So here is what's up: I am going to train (a new missionary) in Amengual 3, which is a new sector I am going to open.
My trainee will probably be a Latino. There are lots in the new group. That makes me glad. At least I won't have to worry about teaching him Spanish. :)
Pedro, our investigator from last week, is progressing a lot. It's kind of funny, because when I left Carlos Valdovinos, a new missionary replaced me from Mexico. He baptized a lady Elder Goodrich and I found. Now he will be Elder Roberts' new companion - haha. He's going to baptize Pedro, the older gentleman we have been teaching.
That's about it. Please pray for me. More specifically, pray that I can stop being sick before I meet my new companion tomorrow. (I think I got sick last night). I'm also a bit nervous about this new change.
PS - I promise there will be photos next week. There were some complications today.
|He's wearing a Santa hat, just in case you were wondering...|