Monday, February 27, 2017

The Birthday Boy Got A Birthday Cake!

Elder Yriarte on the left and Elder Hale on the right.  Mystery missionary in the middle.

Dear Familia,

This week was fun. We found some interesting people to teach. One of them is a Haitian that speaks Portuguese and he wants to get baptized. Oh, and also he is gay.  It's actually pretty interesting because from what I've heard, in Haiti it is a big deal and people have been killed in the street just for being accused of being gay. But we already taught him the law of chastity and he says he doesn't have a problem with it. Haitians have so much faith. We will see if he doesn't disappear randomly like all immigrants seem to do before he can be baptized.

We contacted some guy on my birthday and he was eating cake with his family because it was his birthday, too, but he wasn't interested in sharing his birthday cake...

Speaking of cakes, a sister in the ward made me one for my birthday, so that was cool. It was one of the best cakes I've ever eaten!  Chilean cakes are actually super good. They make them kind of wet and they serve them cold.

Also, we went and watched the new Star Wars movie on my birthday, so that was cool. (Just kidding!)  ;)

Love you guys a lot!

Love,
Elder Hale

Thanks, Mom. so much for the package. Loved it - especially the notes! (Also, just so you know, there is no way I'm ever gong to be able to wear that skinny red tie, but I'm gonna send it to Mauricio-  a convert in Calera de Tango).
Zone Conference.   Elder Hale is to the right of middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment