Friday, July 7, 2017

Templo Votivo Maipú and a Cool, Mysterious Experience


Dear Familia Y Amigos,

During my mission I've seen this giant temple in Maipu and now it is in my sector, so we went there today. It was pretty cool. I'd give you a long description but since I took tons of photos, that would probably be more efficient.

Templo Votivo Maipú

Up on top of the temple there is a viewing room where you can go and take a look around the city. You can see the Cordillera really well.

View of Provincia de Cordillera

Beautiful 300-square meter stained glass depiction of the Virgin del Carmen, designed by Adolfo Winternitz


It was the Fourth of July this week, but nobody celebrates that here. Can you believe it?  I can't.  :o


The walls of the original Victory Chapel in front of the Votive Temple

Elder Yriarte is in Calera de Tango.  If you remember, the church building for Calera de Tango is in Malloco. That is about 35 minutes in a bus from where we work. Elder Yriarte brought nine people to church last week. I about fell off my chair and fainted when I found out.  If Elder Goodrich and I brought two people to church, we were happier than a Haitian in a sauna. 




I had a cool experience this week, but I'll share it next week.

Yours Truly,
Elder Hale

The remaining walls of the original buildings 

Successive earthquakes destroyed most of the original Temple

Inside the sanctuary



No comments:

Post a Comment